Friday, August 12, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon



Title: How to Train Your Dragon
Author: Cressinda Cowell
Genre: Fantasy
# of Pages: 
Books Read: 19/50

I absolutely am in love with the movie version of this book! It's one of my favorite feel-good on a quiet Friday night and cuddle up with a blanket and popcorn and giggle, giggle, giggle until all the stress of the week just melts away movies! Earlier this spring, I had several students in my class assure me that the books were way better. I believed them, so I was excited to read and find out for myself!

I think I didn't enjoy the first part of this book as much as I could have, because what I was reading seemed to really conflict with the Hiccup character and plot I knew from the movie. They certainly changed a lot! So since I saw the movie before reading the book, I had to put in the extra effort to let my imagination do it's job and draw the world the author describes! But once I could let go and really got into the story of the book, I really did love it! So funny, and I love the pictures and captions sprinkled throughout the chapters. The messy, scrawled handwriting and doodles are just so perfect for the Viking characters. I almost love the book Toothless, too, because he really is just a normal, common dragon, and is special because Hiccup loves him. 

Definitely a fun read, and like I said, I loved the pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment