Thursday, May 5, 2011

39 Clues: The Maze of Bones (#1)

Title: The Maze of Bones
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Fiction-Adventure
# of Pages: 220
Books Read: 1/50

I've been intrigued by this series ever since it was first published. I'm intrigued by the cards and codes a reader can play along with online. I didn't try it out myself (yet), but I think it's really cool! Another aspect of this series that I love is that each book is written by a different author. There are some amazing writers out there, and they are all collaborating to create this adventure series. 

This book is the beginning, so the characters and story are introduced. Amy is your typical bookworm older sister, and younger brother Dan is decidedly quirky and curious. They're off on a National Treasure style race for clues following the death of their wealthy grandmother. They're orphans, and they have a bunch of creepy family members as their enemies trying to beat them to the prize. Reminds me a little too much of Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events, but I'm still loving the book! Like the movie, National Treasure, there are tons of references to real people and events in history. This book centers around Benjamin Franklin, and I found myself learning tons of cool facts. I'm curious to see where else in the world this series takes its characters, and what other historic figures get a shout out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment